Wednesday, July 30, 2008

You are my strength when I am weak

This past week my uncle was in a very bad accident. He was at his home trying to get a fire started outside and decided to pour some type of gasoline into the fire to get it going. When he did that the fire exploded and exploded onto him. He has now been in the hospital for three days and they have found out that 45% of his body has 3rd degree burns on it.
My family and I drove up today to see him. We will be staying for the rest of this week and next so that we can stay with him and his family.
I was able to see him today. He was in so much pain but he looks a lot better than I expected! Even though I am so used to the hospital setting its always so weird to see a family member with tubes and wires on them.

While I was in my uncles hospital room the song All in All kept coming to mind. One part of the song stood out. In the song it says: "You are my strength when I am weak." I started thinking about Gods strength...it says in Psalm 46:1 "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear." My uncle has no physical strength right now but if his strength is in God then thats all he needs.

He has a long road ahead of him but I know God will be with him. My prayer for my uncle is that he will use Gods strength to heal him from the inside out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying for him! Stay strong and despite the accident, I hope your visit in Indiana goes well! :)